Technology-Related Questions (IT)
October 9, 2020
Emergency Response Plan for Leaders – Updated
August 6, 2020
June 18, 2020
June 12, 2020
June 8, 2020
Updated on June 8, 2020
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve quickly, and governments around the world are implementing new mitigation measures.
The situation is a source of concern for everyone, and CAE will make every effort to protect its employees, their families, as well as its clients and stakeholders. We are making decisions for the business, taking into consideration the situation in each of the 35 countries in which we are located. We are carefully analyzing the situation, for the safety of everyone. At the same time, we are being mindful of our mission and obligation to continue supporting our clients. Ultimately, our business and our credibility depend on our ability to maintain services to our clients, especially in times of crisis. Our commitment to our customers is to maintain the essential services for them to continue conducting their operations.
You can follow the COVID-19 outbreak by country and city with the following maps: https://www.healthmap.org/covid-19/ or https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6.
Working remotely – working from home
Based on the latest government recommendations from various countries, we ask that employees from all CAE sites worldwide work from home until further notice. Everyone who can work from home should do so. If you are required to come onsite, your leader will advise you accordingly.
Please refer to the general working from home guidelines and IT tips for more details.
As a preventive measure for employees who will be asked to work onsite, we have implemented protocols and measures to maintain a safe working environment. These include signage and reorganization of our workspaces to reinforce social distancing and other hygienic precautions.
Basic hygienic precautions prescribed globally:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- At all times, maintain 2 metres (6 feet) distance from others.
- Please wear a mask at all times inside CAE facilities and ensure it covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Make sure to stay home if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone experiencing symptoms.
Older adults with underlying health condition are at increased risk of severe disease and should practice enhanced precautions.
If you suspect coronavirus symptoms, which include difficulty breathing, fever and cough, or go seek medical help (call doctor’s office or emergency room ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms) and notify medical services at email@example.com or +1-514-770-3202.
For any other questions on coronavirus, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the rules set out by the government of the country you are in as well as your destination country.
- Limit travel to activities that are directly related to providing services to our customers
- Trips must be approved at director level, until further notice
- Get information on the status of the country you are travelling to via your government’s website – the measures taken by countries evolve daily and may change at any time
- For any medical emergency or concern, call your emergency medical coverage provider. If you cannot find the contact information for your provider, please contact your HRBP or benefits specialist
- If you are coming back from international or domestic travel
- Follow the rules given by the government of your country or state/province/city. The local rules take precedence – make sure that you are aware of the local rules
- If a quarantine period is mandated, please work from home for the required period
- Please refer the remote work policy for CAE’s guidelines